GPS N 47.01880 W 91.67005
Our fifth stop is the Two Harbors Depot and our fourth stop for a National Register of Historic Places.
The Two Harbors Rail Road Depot was the 1907 headquarters of the Duluth and Iron Range Railway Company and a major participant in the mining industry in Minnesota.
Today, it houses the Lake County Museum as well as a gift shop for the North Shore Scenic Railroad that runs from Duluth to Two Harbors throughout the summer and into the fall season.
This is one of four museums the Lake County Historical Society operates within the city of Two Harbors. For more information on these four museums click on this link: lake county historical society.